1 cup of beef cut in small cubes
1 cup long grain rice washed and soaked
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon flour
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1 yellow bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup Penna Pitted Green Sicilian Olives (bulk) or use jars of Sicilian Spiced Pitted Olives or Deep Garlic Pitted Olives
3 cups boiling water
– Add flour to the beef and mix well.
– Fry the beef in sunflower oil until brown. Remove from heat and keep aside.
– In a different pan, add olive oil and fry the onion, when translucent add the beef, stir for 2 minutes, and then add one cup boiling water.
– When the water evaporates, add the spices, tomato paste, garlic, and salt.
– Stir for two minutes, add 2 cups boiling water.
– When it comes to a boil, add the bell pepper, pitted green olives, and rice.
– Let it come to a boil again. Reduce heat to the lowest, cover the rice and let it cook for 20 minutes or until done.